This past month we completed a solid color epoxy floor for a clients garage in Upper Arlington. Our client recently built a new addition to their home which included a single car garage. The problem was they were not happy with the outcome of the garage floor. The contractor who had poured the new concrete did not specify with the client that he was using concrete with reinforcing fibers inside it. This caused the entire floor to show small fibers which was not what the customer expected. So our client wanted a better option for their floor. One that would hide the fibers and give them an easy to clean floor.
This is where we came in. The customer wanted something simple that looks great and will hold up over time. They loved our epoxy application because it looks great and it is super easy to clean. We specialize in epoxy applications so we were excited to showcase our craftsmanship to the client.
We teamed up with T-Built Construction Services on this project as they added the beautiful addition. This single car garage also had an additional room built above it that would be used for guests and family staying at the residence. I wish I had pictures of the exterior, they did a great job matching the house. Anyway, here’s the process:
The Solid Color Epoxy Process
- Just like every floor we do, we start off by diamond grinding the entire floor. In this case, since the concrete was new we did not have any coating/sealer to grind through.
- The next step was to remove any of the remaining fibers that did not grind off by torching the entire concrete surface (Check out the photos below).
- Next we had to fill in all the joints with our joint fill material. Since the concrete was new we did not have to make any other repairs to the concrete surface.
- The next day the joint material was cured enough to grind flush with the concrete. This step allows the floor to have a completely seamless surface.
- Now we apply the gray solid color epoxy to the entire surface of the concrete.
- Finally we apply urethane with a non-slip additive over the epoxy to give the garage floor maximum durability.
This was a great project for us and the customers loved their new floor. This type of flooring will give our client a beautiful floor that will last for years. Check out the photos below to see how we brought this garage floor to life.
Want to get your project started or ask questions? Fill out a contact form by clicking this link and one of our owners will call or email you based on your preference.